Wednesday 27 December 2006

Communications




Ah, that word again. Communications. Here I sit with an interesting puzzle. Having prepared some weeks ago some new pages for the West Somerset Steam Railway Trust website www.wssrt.co.uk and faithfully waiting for the publication of the latest WSR Journal (an excellent A5 magazine sent out quarterly to members of the WSR Association) before uploading to the world wide web, I now find I am hearing of some Journals landing on doormats but not others. I am in the latter class. So some folks know about the subject matter of the new web pages by virtue of reading the printed page whereas others, who are perhaps nowadays more used to getting the latest from the internet, are still in blissful ignorance. So, the printed page and snail-mail has beaten the e-world, this time! Back to my puzzle, do I now wait until the Journal lands on my doormat, or do I publish on the web and be damned?


No comments: