Wednesday 13 April 2011

Strange things afoot

One or two disturbing events have rattled the normally workaday-confident air around the Railway. Sure, there are always comings and goings and there are always rumours and mutterings. However, something is bubbling away under the surface, a bit like a bulge of lava, and if/when it breaks through, which seems imminent, there could well be considerable changes. Changes that'll be either proposed and discussed or simply pushed through. I am not privvy to the detail but I have heard about "one railway" which sounds grand. But. What it means for the constituent bodies that make up the West Somerset Railway, I know not. The art and application of communication has rarely been more than scratchy around the WSR so I'm not expecting the rest of us will be told, consulted or otherwise involved. Which is a pity given the Railway can't exist without huge, positive, unrelently support from the masses. For those with long memories, I am happy to resume my "gang of four" role...

No comments: